|Rules & regulations
Izod INDY 500(R)"Win + Wear" Sweepstakes - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Izod INDY 500(R) "Win + Wear" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation ("PVH") and Macys.com, Inc. ("Macy's) (collectively, the "Sponsors") and The Marketing Arm Inc. ("Fulfillment Administrator") and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, and advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on April 4, 2009 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 8, 2009 (the "Entry Period"). You may enter this Sweepstakes via either the on line or text messaging entry methods described below. Regardless of entry method you may enter only once. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT of the last day of the Sweepstakes, i.e. May 8, 2009, whether submitted online or via text message. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
a. ON-LINE ENTRY METHOD: Beginning on April 4, 2009, you may enter the Sweepstakes via the Internet by logging onto www.macys.com/izod and following the entry directions. You may be required to provide the following information: your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, age, and e-mail address. On-line entrant must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail account by which the entry is made. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account (as specified by the Internet Service Provider) used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the named entrant and/or originating at any other Internet Website, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites are void.
b. TEXT MESSAGE ENTRY METHOD. Beginning on April 4, 2009, you may enter the Sweepstakes by sending a text message with either of the words "IZODMACYS, IZODSWEEPS OR IZOD" from your wireless phone to the short code 62297. You will be charged for all text messages, including any error messages, sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual calling plan with your cellular provider. You must have a text messaging two-way capable phone and digital service to enter using the text messaging method. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Winner based on the phone number that a text message was sent from, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of such phone number at the time of the entry. The "Authorized Account Holder" is the person to whom the applicable wireless phone service provider or other applicable organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the wireless phone number associated with the submitted text message.
3. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner ("Winner") will receive a grand prize (the "Prize") consisting of a trip for four (4) to the INDY 500(R) Mile Race in Indianapolis, Indiana occurring on May 22, 2009 to May 24, 2009. Winner and three (3) guests will arrive in Indianapolis, Indiana on May 21, 2009 and depart Indianapolis, Indiana on May 25, 2009. Trip includes Roundtrip Coach Airfare for four (4) (Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Airfare: $3,000), Ground Transportation to and from the airport for four (4) (Total ARV of Ground Transportation: $200), Four (4) nights double occupancy stay at a hotel to be determined by Sponsor (Total ARV of hotel accommodations: $6,000), Police Escort to and from the INDY Indianapolis Motor Speedway (no approximate value at Retail), Four (4) INDY 500 VIP Suite Tickets (Total ARV of tickets: $1,800), subject to execution of all applicable consent and liability release forms Garage and Pit Passes for four (4) (Total ARV of All Access Passes: $400), Attendance at Driver Meeting for four (4) (no approximate value at Retail), IRL Hospitality Tent Access for four (4) (Total ARV of Tent Access: $400), Four (4) Miller Lite Carb Day(R) Tickets (Total ARV of Tickets: $40.00), Four (4) IPL Festival(R) 500 Parade tickets and Four (4) Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum TM Passes (Total ARV of Parade Tickets and Museum Passes: $100.00), Subject to execution of all applicable consent and liability release forms and 3rd party provider eligibility criteria Rides in Pace Car or other two seater for four (4) around the track (Total ARV of either Lap Ride: $2,000), and a $5,000 check for tax offset. Winner and travel companions must travel on the same itinerary, and in accordance with the itinerary provided by Sponsor. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed above as part of the prize. Winner is responsible for any applicable fees, service charges, surcharges, insurance, gratuities, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize. TOTAL ARV OF GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE: $18,940. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period, on or about May 9, 2009 by the Sponsors. Potential Winner will be notified by telephone, e-mail and/or text message and be required to confirm their address for paperwork delivery. If potential winner does not confirm their address within two (2) days of initial contact an alternate potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries.
5. Prize conditions: No substitution for any prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, or any portion thereof, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsors. Prize is provided "as is" and without warranty of any kind. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Potential Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release and an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) within three (3) days of issuance. Potential Winner's three (3) travel companions will also be required to complete a liability release that must be executed and returned along with the potential Winners W-9 and Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within three (3) days of issuance. If potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her state of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and the Prize will be awarded in the name of and delivered to such minor's parent or legal guardian. If winner is a minor they will not be able to access the pits, garages, or track laps. Failure to return all required documents in this time period required will result in the potential Winner being disqualified and an alternate potential Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsors as undeliverable or if Sponsors are unable to reach the potential Winner, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate potential Winner will be selected. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the use by Sponsors of the Winner's name, age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and hometown address in any form of media worldwide, without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Sweepstakes.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of method of entry.
7. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or who are found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes or the website. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, the Winner and all entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in New York, New York. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSORS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission of any Sweepstakes-related website; failure of any entry to be received by Sponsors due to technical problems or human error; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsors' control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, Fulfillment Administrator and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize or any portion thereof, or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity.
11. WINNER'S LIST: For a copy of the Winner's List (available after May 15, 2009) or these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Izod INDY 500(R) "Win + Wear" Sweepstakes - WINNER - or - OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o The Marketing Arm, 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201. Official Rules also available at www.macys.com/izod and name of the Winner will be listed at www.macys.com/izod/winners.
12. SPONSORS: Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, 200 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016, and Macys.com, Inc., 1440 Broadway, New York, NY 10018.
13. FULFILLMENT ADMINISTRATOR: The Marketing Arm Inc. 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas TX 75201.
IZOD is a registered trademark of Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation; INDY 500 is a registered trademark of Brickyard Trademarks, Inc., used with permission.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway, LLC and Indy Racing League, LLC are not sponsors of this sweepstakes.
(c)2009 Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation and Macys.com, Inc. All rights reserved.