NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The "Macy's Keeps America Cooking" contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at time of entry, of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, except employees of Macy's, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household. Contest is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Entry into the Contest begins on January 12, 2009 and ends on April 10, 2009, 11:59 P.M. EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). The community rating period will begin on January 12, 2009 and top rated videos will be collected for judging on April 18, 2009, 11:59 P.M. EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
3. ENTRY: Entry is by creating and uploading an original video, not to exceed two (2) minutes of entrant's own cooking demo. Entrant shall use an original recipe that presents entrant's concept of "What gets you cooking? Is it the magical people in your life? Or the fresh ingredients at your local market?" Entrants should describe their original recipe in their narrative descriptions of their videos. Individuals may submit up to three (3) video entries each using a different recipe. The winner's recipe will be posted online. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The decisions of the judges are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
5. OPTIONAL ANIMATED LOGO: Entrants can download a Macy's animated logo that they can include at the beginning or end of their submission. Inclusion of the Macy's logo is optional and does not improve chances of winning.
- Running time is two minutes or less.
- End your video with the line: "From my (insert your city's name) kitchen to yours, Macy's keeps it cooking!"
- To win an additional $500 gift card, specifically name your local Macy's or macys.com in your video and tell what you like about it and if your entry is selected as the grand prizewinner or one of the nine (9) runners-up, you will receive an additional $500 Macy's gift card.
6. WINNERS: Winners will be selected from the 50 highest rated videos. Representatives from Macy's Home Store LLC and Macy's Wedding & Gift Registry (collectively, "Sponsor") and Tyler Florence will act as judges and select one (1) grand prize winner and nine (9) runners-up. The winners will be announced on or about April 25, 2009.
7. PRIZES: Grand Prize winner will receive: Round trip coach class air fare for two (2) from the major airport nearest the winner's primary residence in the U.S. to San Francisco, CA; Three (3) nights in San Francisco, one thousand ($1,000) cash to use toward ground transportation, meals, and incidentals, and a $2,500 Macy's gift card, to purchase Macy's kitchen and home products on a shopping trip with Tyler Florence. Grand prizewinner will also participate in the final Tyler Florence "From my Mill Valley kitchen to yours" podcast to be filmed in San Francisco. Approximate retail value of the grand prize is $6,000 (actual value will vary depending on itinerary). Personal charges (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses not included in prize description are winner's sole responsibility. Winner and travel companion must be available to travel on the same itinerary. Grand prizewinner must be available to travel from May 7, 2009 through May 10, 2009. Travel companion must sign and return release provided with notification materials prior to ticketing. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of departure. Grand prizewinner must also be available for promotional opportunities from May 8, 2009 through June 30, 2009. The nine (9) runners-up each will receive a $1,000 Macy's Gift Card. (Aggregate approximate retail value of $15,000, depending on Grand Prize Winner's itinerary and whether any of the winners name and talk about their local Macy's or macys.com and receive an additional $500 gift card.) All ten (10) winners are required to provide releases to permit use of their videos by Sponsor, including in podcasts and for other promotional uses.
8. TAXES: All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes are the winner's sole responsibility.
9. OWNERSHIP/LICENSE: All entries, submissions, recipes, creations, or other materials used or provided by participants in connection with their entry into or participation in this Contest (collectively "Entry Materials") become Sponsor's property and will not be acknowledged or returned. All Entry Materials must be entrant's own original creation, executed solely by entrant, and may not have won any other award or have been entered in any other competition. Entry Materials may not have been published previously. Entry Materials must be in keeping with Sponsor's images and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, nor can entries defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or dead, or otherwise infringement upon any person's personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights. The right to submit or use the Entry Materials shall not be restricted. Any entrant whose Entry Materials include references to third parties or contains elements not owned by entrant (such as, but not limited to, company names or trademarks) may be disqualified. All ownership rights in any Entry Materials, including without limitation the copyright or any other intellectual property rights, shall become the property of the Sponsor and to the extent that any rights remain in the participant, submission constitutes an irrevocable and exclusive license, permission and consent for use by Sponsor and its designees, without further consent, compensation or attribution, in any and all media and including right to reproduce, print, publish, transmit, modify, edit, adapt, distribute, license, sell, perform, dispose of, modify, enhance, display or otherwise use such submission for any and all purposes, in perpetuity, throughout the world.
10. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION: No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any prize or portion of a prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
11. CONSENT AND RELEASE: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and discharge Sponsor and any other party associated with the Contest, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, insurers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, for purposes of this paragraph 11, all included within the term "Sponsor"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with Contest, including without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Acceptance of prize constitutes release by winners of Sponsor as to any and all Claims in connection with the administration of Contest and use, misuse, or possession of his/her submission or of any prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeliness for editorial, advertising, and/or publicity purposes without consent or compensation except where prohibited.
12. DISCLAIMERS/MISCELLANEOUS DETAILS: (i) Lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incomplete submissions shall not be eligible. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the administration of Contest. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify Contest if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that it is not capable of completion as planned for any reason. (iv) Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration, judging or fulfillment of Contest and Sponsor may modify or cancel the Contest in its sole discretion and without liability. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW AS TO THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS OF ANY PRIZE OR COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE.
13. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: Contest governed by laws of United States and State of New York and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor shall determine all issues as to construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules. Disputes arising out of or connected with Contest will be resolved individually and without resort to class action, only by a state or federal court in New York. Any conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other jurisdiction will be resolved in favor of the State of New York. Without limiting any other provisions of these official rules, any judgment or award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) determined to have been caused solely and directly by Sponsors' negligent or wrongful act or omission and shall not in any event whatsoever include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
14. WINNERS: For names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Macy's Wedding & Gift Registry, 1120 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10036 no than July 1, 2009. (Vermont residents may omit enclosing stamped envelope.) (No phone calls please.)
15. SPONSOR: Macy's Home Store LLC, Macy's Wedding & Gift Registry, 1120 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10036.